Whose words hold the most weight?



I am a private person. I don't like to trust just anyone. With that being said, I am transparent, especially in my writing. At one point my opinions may change and I always try to acknowledge that in my writing. The reason why I acknowledge that is because I am always learning and trying to understand new thoughts and concepts. I always like to look at situations and think, ok, but what if I'm wrong.
So the point to all this is I was thinking why are my words worth listening to? Does my honesty and transparency make me better than a liar? Absolutely, not. We are both human and full of error. But, does that make my words carry more weight than a liar? Weight as in, I will try my best to convey what happened or explain the perception that makes most sense to me. Not with the idea that I would hold absolute truth. No no.
So whose words hold more weight, the honest man or the liar? The right answer should be the honest man. However, it seems in this world, people prefer the liar as long as the liar has something of empty significance: money, good looks, intelligence, athletic ability.

With all that being said, the point of being transparent and honest isn't to always be right, but to maintain focus on things of value: compassion, understanding, growth, and of course the greatest of these, love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09/23/2019

9/30/2019 The Bigger Picture