9/29/2019



We as humans try so hard to love other people, that we tend to forget ourselves. It takes a lot to refocus on our own growth and self care. It's just too easy for some of us to give give give and it sounds nice to give give. To be selfless, but losing yourself in selflessness isn't beneficial to anyone over time. They do say you can't pour from an empty cup but I think some of us do and are right now. So incredibly empty and yet somehow we are managing to hold it all together. I sit here and shake my head. If only we could have an "E" flash on our forehead just like a car's gas light when we are giving entirely too much of ourselves. It'd be nice to have proof. It's a shame that people couldn't just take our words for proof. 

What I find myself doing when I feel my cup running on E, is setting timelines to give give just a little bit longer. I think it's because I find it easier to do all the work rather than face the problem. Or I don't know how to solve the problem so I just over work trying to figure it all out. Either way "just a little bit longer" is officially a red flag line for me. What do you say when they don't believe that you're feeling overworked? How do you make them listen? How long do you wait for change after they don't listen? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09/23/2019

9/30/2019 The Bigger Picture

Whose words hold the most weight?